The purpose and key benefit of a coaching program is to have a person who understands the process of personal improvement to:
- Help you identify and focus on your improvement goals and even big dreams
- Help you maintain a mindset for your own success
- Help you notice your own patterns of limited thinking and social programming
- Help you know that you have power far beyond what you believe about yourself
- Help you take appropriate actions toward achieving your goals until they become habits
- Help you stay motivated and energized in the process of improvement
- Remind you to celebrate progress toward and achievement of your goals
These key benefits apply to life coaching, career coaching, spiritual coaching, and other types of coaching. Basically, a coach is your personal trainer who will guide you and help you focus, think about, take action, and even celebrate your accomplishments in your self-improvement program.
A coach is a guide, teacher, and cheerleader for you.
The true purpose of coaching is to have someone with an outside success-oriented perspective help you improve yourself in ways you define and, in the end, to feel good about yourself and how you are living your life. The desired end result is always for you to be a happier and more fulfilled person than you were before you stepped onto the path of self-improvement. And the ideal result is to help you achieve your dreams in whatever area of your life you are focused on.