This was my talking outline for the Our Spiritual Life episode S3E3. This episode is, in effect, a continuation of S3E2 and goes into more of the details of my lessons learned about how we can awaken individually and as a species and how we can change the world by better understanding the true nature of the universe and human beings. As the title indicates, the content presented is intended to help build the listeners’ understanding of the nature of the universe and our place in it.
Lessons Learned Continued – Understanding the Universe and Our Place in It
Tell them how they can communicate with me:
In the last episode, I told you about 8 big spiritual growth experiences for me that had occurred over the last 18 months which had led to greater awakening and personal transformation for me.
Everything I have been studying brings me to the understanding that:
- There is one Universal Consciousness/Infinite Intelligence/God and space, matter, and all of life as we know is part of, and exists within, this one universal consciousness. That means every person, every animal, and every thing – whether a photon, quark, molecule, planet, star, galaxy, etc. – arises out of pure consciousness and is an individualized expression of Universal Consciousness/God.
- The universe, therefore, is one whole. It is held together by the inherent unity of one universal consciousness and the continuous process of creation which is the core of life. Life is the universe unfolding (expressing) from pure consciousness into individualized physical and spiritual forms. But all individual forms are part of the oneness of the whole.
- The inherent unity can be and should be called LOVE because it is a process of love – God expressing in individualized forms in order to experience life and loving all of life because all beings and all parts of the universe are God itself. We are part of the whole and never separate from it. Love is the power and purpose of universal wholeness.
- For most people, life is difficult and painful on Earth because we believe that we are separate from God and all other beings. Belief in separation creates fear, so we live lives based in fear. Fear leads to all conflict, inequity, violence, war, and all difficulties and pain of every kind.
- We interact with the creative process of the universe through our thinking. Our thoughts are creative and manifest into physical reality through the law of attraction. And that is a big problem because humans are constantly thinking negative thoughts – about fear of every kind, disrespect, divisiveness, judgment, lack of kindness, conflict, hatred, scarcity, inequity, violence, etc. – and that is what is constantly being created in the world for both individuals and the collective (society as a whole). The world is definitely a frightening mess right now and steadily getting worse.
- Thinking gives us the ability to participate in the co-creative process in good ways and in bad ways. Out of the belief in separation we create difficulties. But we have the power to think in good ways by thinking in terms of love and unity instead.
- But the reality is that separation and fear are illusions based on our mental construction of the ego. Ego is a false self that operates based on separation, fear, and excessive thinking about external things.
- In reality, the true nature of the universe, of which we are integral parts, is designed to operate based on unity, love, and being who we truly are – individual expressions of God. But we must come to fully understand its unity, oneness, and wholeness which call on us to eliminate all selfishness and the need for “specialness”. Selfishness and specialness are based in separation. The antidote to selfishness and specialness is to continually expand our awareness and consciousness around the interconnectedness and oneness of all things.
- So, we must overcome ego, which exists not in reality but in our individual and collective minds. We can do that only by fully changing our thinking, beliefs, and behaviors to be based in unity, love, and being part of the Oneness of all life.
- Judgment is a human expression that is based in fear and separation. God is pure Love and understands our human limitations and false thinking without the need for any religion. God has NO judgment. God wants only good for us but allows us to express free will.
- For all doubters, the love, goodness, and non-judgment of Universal Consciousness /God/ONENESS is confirmed through near death experiences (NDEs).
- If we can shift the majority of people away from ego (separation, fear, excessive thinking) to unity, love, and being (awareness and intention) most of the time, we will begin to experience heaven on Earth. This requires attention, learning, awakening, and time. Full awakening requires time because awakening occurs in steps or stages. Awakening of the species takes time because it occurs individual by individual.
- Heaven on Earth does not mean uniformity… individuality, diversity, creativity, and abundance are valued by universal intelligence/God and should be valued by all beings.
- Those who are awake or awakening must work NOW to change ourselves and create a create a new world that is heaven on Earth. Our evolution must begin now, not some time in the future.
- Every individual must seek to expand their awareness through spiritual practice. Michael Beckwith said: “When individuals are locked into seeing only through the five senses, they see polarity. When you expand your awareness through spiritual practice that leads to insight, you come into coherence and you see there is only one”
- Seeing and knowing (being aware of) the truth of oneness and wholeness is key to awakening and overcoming ego, so we should pursue that expanded awareness diligently.
- Craig Hamilton explained that full awakening is 1) realization that I am part of God, and 2) realization that the universe is perfect in its reality (as opposed to our beliefs about it or limited knowing).
- People are mostly caught up in excessive thinking, so they have limited ability to be aware (ie, in the state of awareness). Learning to shift into awareness and spend more time in awareness is critically important.
- True awareness requires that we pay attention to the food, information, media we put in our bodies, our minds, society and world as a whole, including the Earth itself. We must care for our individual and collective bodies, minds, and spirits/souls, and we must care for the Earth which is our home.
- Stop paying so much time and attention to news and social media. Spend time instead in developing and growing your awareness, and especially your awareness of oneness and in awakening to higher states of awareness/vibration.